10 July 2015

Changing It Up

This was originally a blog about how books and authors have impacted me over the course of my life, and I might still sometimes blog on that topic. But I also want to get back to a daily gratitude mindset. I used to do this on my personal blog, and then I sort of fell off. But here, in public, I might feel more accountable.

For those who don't know, psychologists recommend making a list of three good things that happen each day. The idea is that this trains your mind to look for the positive in your life, and eventually you become happier in general. Back when I was doing this regularly, I do believe I was feeling better about things. I don't feel bad now, either, which is all the more reason to give thanks.

It doesn't matter how small the good thing is. I recall one day having one of my good things be that I'd found an empty pocket in traffic. You know, where there are cars way ahead and cars way behind, but you're on your own, no pressure from drivers around you? A tiny thing, but I'll take what I can get.

So starting now, every evening I will strive to post three good things that happen. (Exceptions include being away on vacation, during which times I often don't have regular access to a computer or Internet.) I hope you'll be inspired to make your own gratitude lists, or maybe share some good things that happen to you by commenting here.

xoxo,
~M

1 comment:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

One of the great things that happened to me today was a blog blitz. Thanks for being part of it.
Susan Says