- Successfully dealt with a school situation in which Robert was being bullied.
- Finished writing my short story submission for an upcoming anthology.
- Throat was not as sore as the day before. (I seem to have caught my son's cold.)
31 August 2015
30 August 2015
29 August 2015
28 August 2015
27 August 2015
26 August 2015
25 August 2015
24 August 2015
22 August 2015
21 August 2015
Because good things have already happened today (and, one hopes, will continue to happen).
- Two hummingbirds! One during my walk and one in the garden. They, along with otters, make me ridiculously happy.
- Aforementioned walk. Because I hadn't had the luxury of one for some time. It's been too hot lately, but this morning was cooler and we had a good breeze.
- New Rob Thomas album. And it's pretty good.
20 August 2015
19 August 2015
18 August 2015
17 August 2015
- It was my youngest son's birthday. He is now officially six. Seeing him happy was a good thing today.
- A working lunch with a dear fellow writer friend.
- John Oliver talking about televangelists. Because I grew up with that stuff all around me, and it's nice to see and hear it being called out.
See? No food today. I mean, I could have mentioned the delicious salad I had for dinner, but I didn't!
16 August 2015
15 August 2015
14 August 2015
13 August 2015
- Counseling a Tarot patron. She made me feel as if I really had helped her, which is nice.
- The kids out of the house for practically the whole day, which means . . .
- Lots of writing got done! Yay!
(If you ever wonder about my Tarot stuff, check out my Facebook site devoted to it.)
12 August 2015
11 August 2015
I've been away on holiday in Alaska, hence the lack of updates. Many good things happened, but I'll pick the ones that meant the most to me:
- Seeing a momma black bear and her two cubs
- Humpback whales (with calfs!) and orca
- A day in Vancouver that included a fabulous meal at Cactus Club Cafe
- Fabulous couple's treatment in the spa
- Remarkably good Thai food in Skagway
- Beautiful mammoth tooth earrings as a souvenir gift from my husband (I was looking for that perfect, unique thing, and he found it in Ketchikan)
- Seeing my kids so happy