- Corn maze and pumpkin patch.
- Cute little trick-or-treaters.
31 October 2015
30 October 2015
29 October 2015
28 October 2015
27 October 2015
- My publisher told me they're almost ready to put Peter up for pre-order. I had to finish up the acknowledgements. We also sort of established when there might be print books so I can sort out signings.
- A nice dinner out with the family (minus one child who is on an overnight camping trip with his class). Ice cream afterward!
- Found something that was missing. That always feels good.
26 October 2015
25 October 2015
24 October 2015
23 October 2015
- TWO hummingbirds this morning! I saw one, then another met her in one of the trees in the back yard.
- Extra long walk that included a nice chat with the neighbor.
- Twinkies. The kids had asked me what Twinkies were, and I realized they'd never had them. So I went and got some. Of course the kids loved them, and I used to be something of an addict myself. I've been trying to be good about what I eat, but this was a nice indulgence.
In truth, it's been a difficult week. I've had trouble finding the good stuff. Four rejections in five days . . . Yipes. Trying to stay strong, though.
22 October 2015
21 October 2015
20 October 2015
- Made 114% of my walking (steps) goal per my new Jawbone UP.
- Got lots of laundry done so now I don't have any for tomorrow.
- Saw my hummingbird at dusk.
If I'm being honest, I'm struggling the past couple days. Hunting for those silver linings. But then that's the point of these posts—remind myself of all the good, no matter how small. If nothing else, I have a roof over my head, food on the table, etc. My "problems" are small and largely self-made. So . . .
19 October 2015
18 October 2015
17 October 2015
16 October 2015
15 October 2015
14 October 2015
- More of my sweet little hummingbird.
- Scott worked from home which meant we got to walk together in the morning and have lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants.
- The acquisitions editor of a mid-sized publisher—the one who'd requested part of Changers a few days ago—requested the full manuscript.
13 October 2015
12 October 2015
11 October 2015
10 October 2015
09 October 2015
- Scott came home earlier than expected, and I didn't even have to go pick him up from BART because a co-worker gave him a ride.
- We were able to print copies of my manuscript for a reasonable price. I need hard copies to give my critique group because I have difficulty reconciling so many different Word documents.
- My editor sent the mark-up for Peter. I glanced and it didn't look too terrible. But I haven't started in yet. Will likely wait until Monday, when I have the house to myself.
08 October 2015
- Sleeping in a little.
- Lunch at the park with the kids.
- A small publisher liked the little bit of Changers I sent them and asked to see more! (Specifically, the editor said, "I love Cee and Marcus already and am intrigued by the world you're building.") I only hope she continues to enjoy the story!
07 October 2015
06 October 2015
- Lovely meeting with my writing friends. I'd been suffering withdrawal! So I'm glad they made time to meet since I can't make our regular meeting this week.
- Dracula with my son. Was a great production, too.
- I'll count having heard from the woman who says she wants to be my agent as a good thing. But then when I tried to call her back, I couldn't reach her and her mailbox was full, so . . .
05 October 2015
04 October 2015
03 October 2015
- Was able to pick up Stephen King's Finders Keepers at the library! Have been wanting to read it . . .
- A nice afternoon walk.
- Finished the first draft of my WIP! Hooray! Needs a lot of editing, of course, but I've been working on this book for almost exactly a year, so it feels so good to be done with the draft.
02 October 2015
01 October 2015
- Took my daughter to her first concert: Richard Marx. We had front-row seats, too, and it was an acoustic show, so not too loud for her sensitive ears. We had a great time!
- Saved a bee! It was crawling on the pavement, and I got it onto a leaf . . . Then it climbed onto my thumb, but anyway, I was able to move it out of harms way and onto some rosemary bushes.
- Tree service came and cleaned up our trees which were looking a little crowded. They look much better now.