- Library day! And my daughter and youngest son got their medals for completing the summer reading program. They each got to choose a book, too, and my son chose The Great Mouse Detective. <3
- Watching House Hunters International with my kids. It was very relaxing, and they really got into it.
- Writing group.
27 July 2017
26 July 2017
- Kids had good check-ups with the eye doctor. My daughter needs glasses, but only for reading and any near work; she's farsighted as it turns out. She chose some nice lavender frames and they were completely covered by insurance, so that was a nice bonus.
- Happy lunch with the kids.
- Managed to scrape together my word count for the day. So far I'm on schedule to be done September 30.
25 July 2017
24 July 2017
23 July 2017
22 July 2017
21 July 2017
So the concert we were going to see got abruptly cancelled. Still, we made the best of it. We had a nice time hanging out, a great dinner, and did some shopping thanks to ticket refunds. I was able to buy my friend some nice [belated] birthday presents (that I now need to mail). It wasn't a total loss, I suppose, and I drove in San Francisco proper for the first time and survived. So that's something.
20 July 2017
19 July 2017
18 July 2017
17 July 2017
- The first day in a week's worth of girl time with my only daughter. We planned meals for the week and painted our nails. Also started planning her birthday party.
- More work done on the WIP. If I keep my pace, I'll be done right at deadline.
- My youngest enjoyed his first attempt at fencing. "I wasn't very good at it," he said, and I told him no one is very good at much of anything on their first try. When I told him I wasn't even very good at writing when I started, he almost didn't believe me! It was sweet. Anyway, he still liked fencing enough that he thinks he wants to continue even after this trial week.
16 July 2017
15 July 2017
14 July 2017
13 July 2017
- Scrivener webinar. Wow. I feel like I can finally start using the software effectively.
- Took my youngest son to McDonald's and ran into my oldest son and his friend there. Crazy, but it was nice!
- Writing group. I just really enjoy hanging out with them. Tonight's conversation (besides writing) covered favorite Doctors and companions.
12 July 2017
11 July 2017
- More history lessons with the kids. I so enjoy chatting with them about it.
- Traffic not terrible today.
. . . Those are the highlights. Pretty quiet day, all told. (Well, until now. We have icky neighbors who have decided to start making noise late in the evening. I really do need to move to a place where no one lives near me. I'm not fit for human interaction.)
But this blog is meant to focus on good things, so . . . I had nice cuddle time with the hamster today. That can be my third good thing for the day.
10 July 2017
- My kids getting really into the Hamilton soundtrack. It was awesome to share the story with them. Who knew American history could be so fun?
- Back on the writing horse.
- My first PTA meeting. I was awkward as always, but after it was over I did chat with another member and, I think, made a connection? I'm so bad at that kind of thing. Proud of myself for being social.
09 July 2017
08 July 2017
- The new Spider-Man movie. Better than I expected.
- Finally got that Milky Way candy bar I'd been craving.
I can't really think of a #3. I suppose I could fall back on everything that's good that I take for granted: we're all healthy and have more than we need. Aside from the movie, it was a quiet and uneventful day.
07 July 2017
06 July 2017
05 July 2017
04 July 2017
03 July 2017
- Feeling good about the writing I'm doing.
- Took my daughter to her first horseback riding lesson. She's had them before, so it's not her first first, but it was her first in a number of years. (We'd quit previously because she was simply too small to do much, and the instructor she had was a bit flaky.) Anyway, it was so lovely to see my daughter so happy and excited.
- Quality time with my oldest son. He came to the riding lesson to keep me company. Sure, I could have just read a book, but I liked chatting with him. I know soon he'll be of an age where he won't want to hang out with me any more, so I'll take it while it's on offer.