18 July 2018
17 July 2018
16 July 2018
15 July 2018
14 July 2018
12 July 2018
11 July 2018
- Getting closer to finding someone to paint the house.
- Found a video that encapsulates my feelings about Sherlock. (I don't like to talk about it, and now I don't have to!)
- Thai food.
10 July 2018
09 July 2018
08 July 2018
07 July 2018
06 July 2018
- Bowling. I'm getting better. Not that the bar was very high to begin with.
- Seeing my daughter have so much fun at the barn. She's happy just to be helping. She mucked stalls, cleaned tack, turned out and bathed horses. Genki desu.
- Showing our oldest Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I have issues with the underlying themes of that movie (never read the manga), but it's still fun. And lots of fun to watch my son watch it.
04 July 2018
03 July 2018
02 July 2018
- Business class
- The generosity of old friends
- Ice cream on hot days
- Bread, butter, frites, ramen . . . so much great food
- Having locals tell me my French is pretty good
- Navigating the Metro
- Nike of Samothrace
- Sweet little (air conditioned!) hotel rooms with skylights over the bed
- Gorgeous views
- Surviving stairs . . . so many stairs . . .
- Watching home improvement shows in French
- Coming home
In short, a fabulous trip. But exhausting!
*I buy a rosary every time I visit a cathedral. I guess I collect them, more or less. This time I bought one at Notre Dame and one at Sacré-Coeur.