- Meeting up with writing friends.
- Lunch out with the hubby (because he worked from home today).
- Cider. I love that it's cider season again!
30 September 2016
28 September 2016
27 September 2016
- Doing the lockdown drill with my son's class while in the school library. I wouldn't necessarily count this as "good" except I was able to explain to them that we had to stay quiet and still "because a T-Rex is loose." It became a game, and they liked that.
- Talking to my daughter's class about writing. Those kids were great!
- Thai food for lunch. It was a long morning and I earned it.
26 September 2016
25 September 2016
24 September 2016
23 September 2016
22 September 2016
- Meeting a new friend for tea.
- Discovering a great new tea house.
- Meeting a new writer.
Yesterday was remarkably social for me, which is kind of exhausting for an introvert, but rewarding too. Normally I wouldn't schedule two outings on the same day but somehow it fell out this way, and I survived! Not only that but enjoyed most of it.
21 September 2016
- I was good and didn't eat fast food for lunch even though I really wanted to.
- Another day in which I didn't have to drive anywhere.
- Chatting with a dear friend on the phone. I don't love the phone, but there are two or three people I don't mind spending time with that way—people who mean so much to me that any way I can spend time with them is good.
20 September 2016
19 September 2016
- Getting lots of writing done. Am now approximately 20% through the Changers sequel.
- News from the bookseller at the upcoming conference that my books had arrived. (Well, the first shipment anyway.)
- Not having to go out and run any errands. There were plenty of chores, but I got to stay in out of the heat.
17 September 2016
16 September 2016
- Family picnic night at the kids' school.
- Finding out the school mascot's name is Ace!*
- Documentary Now! is back.
*The kids' school is something like 15 years old and their mascot is "The Wildcat." But they got a new principal this year and she felt like The Wildcat should have a name. So there was a nomination process, and "Ace" is the name I nominated. (I think other people also submitted it; the school's initials reduce to ACE, so it makes sense.) It made the short list, and then it won! Yay!
I'll be honest. It's been a tough week. I'm fighting a cold and there have just been a million other things... But I'm still grateful. I'm grateful for having a home, and clothes, and food, and clean water. It's more than a lot of people in this world have. I'm grateful that I'm able to do the work I love as a writer. I'm grateful that I have bright, beautiful children and that a cold is the worst thing wrong with me when so many others have chronic and terminal illnesses. I really have no reason or right to complain. So I won't.
11 September 2016
09 September 2016
08 September 2016
07 September 2016
06 September 2016
05 September 2016
- Fun time at the neighbor's birthday pool party & potluck.
- Many requests for Changers 2. At least I know people want to read it!
- Continuing to gather what I need for the conference next month. Feel like I'm close to done, which worries me because that usually means I'm forgetting something.
04 September 2016
03 September 2016
- My daughter's birthday. She chose In-N-Out Burger for lunch followed by Cold Stone ice cream for dessert. The look on her face when she got the books she's been wanting and when we gave her the plush Puss In Boots was priceless.
- Finishing a draft of the short script for the director.
- Chats with my mom and my friend Abby.