- Business class
- The generosity of old friends
- Ice cream on hot days
- Bread, butter, frites, ramen . . . so much great food
- Having locals tell me my French is pretty good
- Navigating the Metro
- Nike of Samothrace
- Sweet little (air conditioned!) hotel rooms with skylights over the bed
- Gorgeous views
- Surviving stairs . . . so many stairs . . .
- Watching home improvement shows in French
- Coming home
In short, a fabulous trip. But exhausting!
*I buy a rosary every time I visit a cathedral. I guess I collect them, more or less. This time I bought one at Notre Dame and one at Sacré-Coeur.