- Wind Festival. And I actually enjoyed it this year.
- Fixed toilet and new blinds.
- Lying out in the sun.
30 April 2016
29 April 2016
You know what I'm most grateful for? That in the big scheme of things, all the important things in my life are good. I'm healthy. My family is healthy. We have food, clothes, and shelter. We are (mostly, usually) happy. This isn't me bragging. This is me putting things into perspective. I fuss when I don't hear from my editor or publisher, I'm sad when my sales aren't as good as I'd like them to be. But in the big, big picture, those are small, small concerns. I am so very fortunate. My goal is to keep that in mind whenever I'm tempted to start complaining or bemoaning.
28 April 2016
Sorry! I know I've been remiss in posting three good things each day. Thing is, I'm struggling a bit to find those things. My days have been pretty dull, plus I'm mostly waiting on news and information from various sources. This is no excuse, I realize. The point is to find three good things regardless, no matter how small. So here goes.
- My garden is really beautiful right now. Everything blooming, just a riot of color.
- Warmer weather is coming. I may be able to break out my shorts soon.
- Getting back into workouts. I don't always love doing them, but I feel so much better about myself when I do.
24 April 2016
21 April 2016
20 April 2016
19 April 2016
18 April 2016
17 April 2016
16 April 2016
15 April 2016
14 April 2016
13 April 2016
11 April 2016
10 April 2016
08 April 2016
07 April 2016
06 April 2016
We've been getting away in Vegas for a few days. Many good things to recount!
- A beautiful dinner at Picasso, sitting outside by the Bellagio fountain as the sun goes down.
- Secret Pizza.
- Winning. (Thanks, Cleopatra!)
- Fabulous dinner at Andrea's.
- Le Rêve.
- Breakfast on the terrace at Mon Ami Gabi.
02 April 2016
- Hiking with the family.
- Beautiful weather.
- Finding out about the cat that comes into our yard sometimes.*
*We've always called the cat GiGi (as in G.G., as in "Grey Ghost" because she's grey). But it turns out her name is Alley, as in "Alley Cat." She lives on the street behind ours. She was on our front porch about to head into our garden, which isn't unusual. GiGi/Alley likes to go sleep on our patio furniture. But her owner had spotted her and had come up to the house to try and get the cat back. Just as well because the hummingbird mama who lives in the climbing roses by the porch was ready to take the cat on. She was buzzing all around GiGi's head. Anyway, the owner told me the cat's name is Alley (and she even said, "as in Alley Cat") and where she lived and such. I told her we didn't mind if and when the cat visited. It's all good. Fun way to meet a neighbor.
01 April 2016
- An invitation to present at a writing conference in October.
- A shipment of Big Red goodies! Including a taste test of the Big Red Float.
- Time spent reading. It's great when you have a good book to lose yourself in.
And none of these are jokes! I'm not really much for the whole April Fool's thing. Practical jokes are one of my least favorite forms of entertainment.