- Time alone in the car. I like driving when it's just me and my music.
- Legitimately shopping for clothes for the kids. I love to shop, but I feel guilty when I know it's not "necessary."
- Homemade egg salad. It turned out insanely good.
29 February 2016
27 February 2016
26 February 2016
- Just as I was telling my daughter I was sad I hadn't see the hummingbird today, the hummingbird flew up, hovered a moment, and darted off!
. . . That's really kind of the only good thing so now I have to go back to the basics:
- Access to clean water whenever I want or need it.
- A roof over my head.
- Plenty of food.
25 February 2016
- A lovely profile of me and my latest book in the local paper.
- Salon night! Hair and nails now in much better shape.
- Saw a hawk in a tree on my morning walk. Also, more hummingbird sightings.
24 February 2016
23 February 2016
- Perfect weather for my morning walk.
- Quiet and relaxed at home.
- Nice chat with the guy who works at the pet store. I'm killing it with the whole "interacting as an adult" thing lately.
Speaking of interacting as an adult, please be sure to listen to the radio show I'll be guesting on tomorrow! I may or may not be very grown-up. I may have already used up my quota for adulting for the week, in which case . . .
21 February 2016
20 February 2016
19 February 2016
- A hummingbird came and hovered right in front of me while I was bringing the trash bins around. Beautiful little ruby-throat.
- Getting through forced socialization.
- Doing a fun podcast interview. It's especially great when the interviewer gets genuinely excited about your book.