- Survived hosting the Hanukkah party. I grew up with Southern hospitality and good breeding, but having my house full of people is, like, my least favorite thing in the world. At least these were good people that I really like. That helps. A lot.
- The house is clean. Cuz we cleaned it. For the party.
- This year is one day closer to finished.
30 December 2016
29 December 2016
Had a couple of really bad days there, days in which I probably should have looked for the good but just couldn't. But here are some good things from today:
- House is pretty clean. Nothing like hosting a party to spur you to new heights of cleanliness.
- Champagne bought and ready for New Year's Eve.
Additionally, my car has new tires, which I wouldn't have counted as something wonderful given everything that led to it happening, but hey, it's still not a bad thing.
25 December 2016
24 December 2016
23 December 2016
- Was able to swap wheelchairs with no fuss. (The first one had a wheel that kept going flat.) This one works better for my son to sit at the table, too.
- Almost done with editing . . . except now I'm actually rewriting the ending of this novel. It's only the last ~40 pages. Hope to have it done soon.
- Drawful. Love family game night!
22 December 2016
21 December 2016
- Was able to rent a wheelchair for my son. He's supposed to remain in bed with his leg elevated most of the time, but now he can at least sit with us at dinner.
. . .
In truth, it was a day that was difficult to find the good in. It's as if 2016 is trying to get some final digs in, and not small ones. Here's hoping tomorrow will be a fresh start of sorts and more good can happen.
20 December 2016
19 December 2016
18 December 2016
17 December 2016
16 December 2016
15 December 2016
14 December 2016
- A day without errands or appointments. Aaaah.
- Unearthing old writing and anime/manga treasures (while searching for something else, but it was still fun to find these things).
- Re-reading and reliving one of those old manga. The tragedy of Subaru/Seishirou rivals Shakespeare. Seriously.
13 December 2016
12 December 2016
10 December 2016
09 December 2016
- Mobile enough to rush my son's clarinet to him at the last minute because he forgot it (and music is the first class of the day).
- Lost another pound. (I've gone back to monitoring my calorie intake, and I've now lost four pounds.)
- 1053 entries into my Goodreads giveaway! I'm so glad it was a success!
08 December 2016
07 December 2016
06 December 2016
05 December 2016
04 December 2016
- It's not broken, just sprained.*
- Nice chat with my dad.
- Finished the draft of the book I've been writing.
So last night, after that nice chat with my dad, I was taking some trash out. When I turned around to go back inside, I saw our little black cat sticking his nose out. He's an indoor cat, so I picked up my foot to nudge him back inside, but then my other foot gave way under me and I fell. I thought for sure I'd somehow broken my foot or ankle, but after a trip to Urgent Care this morning it turns out I've sprained a ligament. They told me that can hurt just as much as a broken bone, and yeah, it hurt all right. I'm on crutches now. But at least it's not broken.