- The school's Hallowe'en parade went more quickly than usual because they made it more efficient. Took half the time!
- The rain that was threatening held off.
- Seeing my oldest son have such a good time with his friends. That brings me a special kind of joy.
31 October 2016
28 October 2016
- Trick-or-Door at the kids' school. It's a stupid name, but the kids love it, and they looked great in their costumes. Also, I got to hang out with a fellow mom for part of it, so that was nice.
- More rain, but it cleared up before we had to go out.
- Finishing the book I'd been reading.
27 October 2016
25 October 2016
24 October 2016
23 October 2016
22 October 2016
20 October 2016
- Last parent-teacher conference, and it was a great one! My oldest son is doing a great job at school.
- Had a chance to meet and chat with a friend/fellow writer I met at a writing conference this past summer. Was really nice to catch up. Also, fantastic weather for sitting outside.
- Good writing group meeting. Only my second time, and I really like the group. It's nice to have found people to meet with again. (Ones that won't behave like Mean Girls.)
19 October 2016
18 October 2016
17 October 2016
16 October 2016
- Hosting a Facebook party for a dear writer friend. I'd never done that before, and it was really fun!
- A new review for Manifesting Destiny that recommends fans of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson read it. Wow! What a compliment!
- Finally got to watch Timeless, and it's as cute as I hoped it would be.
15 October 2016
14 October 2016
13 October 2016
- Though it took almost three hours and was really cold in the waiting room, the guys at my car dealership were also really nice to me and gave me cookies. And my car got fixed. (Not that it was broken, exactly, but there was a recall that required them to do something.)
- I still had time for a quick lunch after the car thing and before I had to go pick up the kids.
12 October 2016
11 October 2016
09 October 2016
I've been away at a conference, so there are a lot of great things:
- Meeting so many warm and welcoming authors who happily took me under their wings and included me in their ranks.
- Getting to dress up! And get my hair and makeup done!
- DRAGON! It looked just like Livian, too...
- Getting to take pictures with lovely cover models. (Yes, I'm susceptible to such charms. *swoon*)
- Hearing from the director for my next short film. Yay for progress! We're starting to talk casting...
- Sitting on panels—again, with such amazing authors.
- Being invited to eat breakfast with these amazing authors. Who were willing to give me advice and help me out by discussing book contracts and suggesting other cons for me to attend! I just cannot get over how great these people were to me. I don't know why I expected anything different, but wow.
- Being able to sell Manifesting Destiny to a school librarian. I hope her students love it!
- Seeing my wonderful new friends win RONE awards.
- Getting to see my dear friend Kimberley, who I haven't seen in over a year.
- Coming home to my loving family.
07 October 2016
06 October 2016
04 October 2016
- Hawk! It swooped over me as I was walking this morning, close enough that I felt it in my hair. I watched it grab a mouse from the field, then it went into a nearby tree and ate its breakfast.
- Nice lunch with my mother-in-law.
- Salon night! Hair and nails ready for InD'Scribe in two days!